Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Six months

I cannot believe our little Adele is now half a year old!  It feels like she was just born last week.  She has gotten so active in the last month, I keep being so shocked at how time has passed and how our little newborn is long gone. I asked Wes how he would describe her at 6 months, and he said "fat and happy". I'd agree, but I think I'd add "active" to that list.  She has definitely turned into quite a chunky baby, and her smile just lights up her whole face.  But this has been a month of lots more activity.

Not long after hitting 5 months, Adele mastered the double roll.  She really only rolls in one direction, but she can get pretty far by rolling and pivoting around.  She looks like she's desperately trying to get somewhere.  When you hold her, she always wants to be facing out, watching what's going on.  She loves watching her sisters.  She's trying really hard to sit up, but doesn't quite have the strength to do it on her own yet.  But I'm sure any day now, we will have a sitter.

Adele is also grabbing everything...and everything in the mouth.  From her Sophie, to your hands, to any toy, and any food you don't keep out of reach.  She has seemed ready to start solids for a while now, but we only let her have a taste of a few things, but will start some solids more regularly now.

Here are some pics from our family dinner today, and Adele's first try at a sippy cup, and her first taste of pureed carrots.



 And here are some of our smiley girl at 6 months!

Let's look at her from the beginning!  Growing so fast!

 
One week, 6 lbs 15 oz (birth weight of 7 lbs 2 oz, 20 inches long)

One month, 9 lbs 10.5 oz, 21.5 inches long

Two months, 11 lbs 9.75 oz, 22.5 inches long


Three months

Four months, 14 lbs 12 oz, 23.5 inches long

Five months


Six months, 18 lbs 9 oz, 26.5 inches long

1 comment:

  1. She's just so happy! I love that first one of her with the giraffe.

    ReplyDelete