Friday, November 8, 2013

People!

Here are Emeline's first drawings that actually resemble people!  I'm so excited.  I've seen some of her friends do these kind of people drawings for a while, but Emeline wasn't doing them.  The worry wart in me was worried something was wrong, but I knew that of course that wasn't true, and she would do that kind of thing in her own time.  

I was so excited today when picked her up from a friends house after a doctors appointment, and my friend said she drew pictures of mommy and daddy.  I expected to see her usual circles and scribbles, but I was so proud to see these.  I know it's silly, but indulge me.  

I present to you...Emeline's rendition of Papa:

And...Emeline's rendition of Mama:

Yay!  I love that the mommy picture is actually more petite and some how she even made it seem more feminine.  

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand your excitement.... it is exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Nice work Emeline! You're right - the mummy one is more feminine, something in the way she's drawn the legs & arms perhaps?

    ReplyDelete