Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Hollow

Last week Emeline got to experience Happy Hollow for the first time. I hadn't been there since I was a kid, but I've heard it is a great place for little ones. Noah loves it there, so he and Michelle joined us for a fun Friday afternoon out.

First we went to the zoo portion. Emeline is usually afraid of animals. She is either disinterested, or she sees them and waves bye-bye to them. Happy Hollow has an area where kids can pet and feed goats. She was much more interested in playing with their water than the animals themselves.
Other than the water, she spent most of her time with the goats running around head down, occasionally barreling into one, then falling down and getting back up. Out of nowhere, she decide to pat this one, then quickly get away from it.
And here she is clearly making her "bwoooo" sound, which she makes for both cows and sheep, and now apparently goats.
After a quick snack, we moved on to the rides. I was shocked that there were rides that kids under 2 could go on by themselves. I didn't know what Emeline would think of rides, but I should have known, as a thrill seeker, she would love them! I bet she will love roller coasters some day.

Here they are on the cars. Emeline thought it was fun to turn the wheel or relax with her arms out.
The other ride they went on were the lady bugs! Even more awesome cause they go up and down!
Here's a video. It's so cool to watch your kids experience something for the first time.


The rides were great, but ended in tantrums for Emeline...who did not want to get off. Then we went over to the park area to let her blow off some steam.

Taking stairs two at a time...
She's such a climber now. Here she is on top, all by herself!
And up and down the slides, so many times. We can see Michelle and Noah before going down!

1 comment:

  1. These are so great, I'm glad we got to go together! I'm going to have to get these pictures from you since I never remember to take my camera there.

    ReplyDelete