Sunday, February 7, 2010

Heading into the Home Stretch

Well, I've hit the 3rd trimester. People keep telling me that now I'm in the "home stretch". I'm not sure it feels quite like the home stretch, but I'm sure it will go by faster than I expect. Only 8 more weeks at work, then 4 more at home before my due date. I definitely identify with the "stretch" part of that phrase though. I feel like my belly is huge and stretched to the max. Not sure how it could possibly get bigger, but then again, that's where most people reply with things like"oh...just you wait...". So I guess that's what I'll do...wait. :)

The little one is still super active. Kicking me strongly whenever he/she remembers to do so. Even as I type! He/she also must be growing a lot, cause I'm super tired again. Last week, the 3rd trimester welcomed me with a great big suck of energy. It was fun to feel like myself again after the first few months of sickness...but now I'm a slower version of myself. But that's okay too. The waiting continues! As each day goes by we can't wait to find out more about this little person growing inside.

Here are some pics of the last few weeks, wrapping up the 2nd trimester. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys. Bet you can't wait until May! How early can the little one enjoy butter burgers...? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Well the little one can enjoy butter burgers through me any time! But I've never had one, cause I'm not a boy :(.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, you look wonderful!! I wish I could be there to see you close up. I can't believe how quickly time has passed. Wow!! Baby makes three... My goodness this is exciting!

    ReplyDelete