Wes' grandma Betty passed away. There is no easy way to say that. She lived a long and full life, but it is still so sad to know that she has left us. Wes got to go up to Oregon to see her a few days before she passed, and we are grateful he did. He got to interact with her while she was still able to do so. The girls and I were very sad not to be able to make the trip up to visit with her and to say goodbye. So instead I took lots of pictures of the girls and a couple videos for her.
Below are some of the pictures I sent of Adele wearing this dress that Grandma Betty bought her for Christmas. At Christmas, when we were up in Oregon visiting, lots of family was gathering for Christmas Eve dinner. Amidst the chaos, Grandma Betty pulled me aside and gave me this present for Adele. She opened it right there and showed me this adorable little dress and jacket set. She explained how when she was shopping for a gift, she saw the outfit, and was just struck by it and how cute it was, she just had to get it for Adele. And she knew the kind of crazy gift opening that was about to ensue, so she wanted to make sure I got the gift and heard the back story. That's just a tiny picture of Grandma Betty's character. She could also be quite the sassy lady, but she was very intentional and thoughtful. When she bought presents, she really thought them through, maybe more than necessary, but to me that showed her love. She didn't have all the money in the world to buy fancy gifts, but she was very thoughtful about what she did buy.
I knew Grandma Betty couldn't wait to see Adele in this little dress, but I never had the chance to put her in it. So when she was sick, and I couldn't be there to visit and let her see the girls, I knew exactly what I had to do...get Adele in that dress for some photos. :) They aren't the best photos in the world, Adele was all over the place. But I took them and sent them to Wes to show Grandma. I hope that small gesture let her know how much I appreciated her thoughtfulness and attention to detail.
Now that you've had enough of Adele, I'll leave you with my favorite picture of Grandma Betty. It was taken that Christmas in Oregon that she gave Adele the dress.
We love you Grandma Betty. We miss you beyond words.














No comments:
Post a Comment