Saturday, March 21, 2015

Best gift ever

My mom's 3 year anniversary of passing fell on March 17.  We started a tradition of going to the beach on this anniversary, to take some family time and to give me some time to reflect.  This year, the day we had planned to do our beach trip, Wes was in Oregon to visit his grandma before she passed.  I was bummed to miss our beach trip, but of course so glad Wes could make this trip.  But I also knew given Emeline's upcoming birthday, I wouldn't be able to reschedule our beach trip for a while.

I had shared this in passing with my dear friend Rachel.  Not only did she help me by watching the kids so I could make a doctors appointment that Wes was supposed to watch the kids for, but she and her husband insisted on taking all three girls for the morning on a Saturday so that I could drive to the beach to have my reflective time.  This gesture felt too huge to accept, but she insisted.  It was a VERY quick trip.  I think I was only in my little contemplative spot for about 15-30 min before I had to drive back.  But I loved the drive there and back alone, and just the change of scenery did wonders for me.

It was truly one of the best gifts I'd ever received.  Thank you Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment