As I write about her at one year, I have to reflect back to that sweet little girl who came to be with us one year ago. Wasn't she sweet?
She still is sweet. Here are a couple of photos of her from our recent family photo shoot, just a couple weeks before her birthday.
Oh Adele...at one year, you are turning into a mover and a shaker. Your one step has turned into two or three or four. Still not running around yet, but gaining more and more confidence walking everyday. You are climbing more, and starting to get into mischief. You love ransacking drawers and splashing in the toilet. I have a lot to keep my eyes on lately, and you are going to keep me on my toes.
You are babbling a lot now. 'Ma ma ma'. 'Da da da'. 'A dA! A dA!'. 'Ba ba ba'. I'm not sure if 'mama' means mama yet, but maybe soon. Not sure if 'A dA!' means Adele? But you are talking up a storm, and being super cute.
You are becoming quite the jokester. You like to hold your spoon in your mouth at dinner and laugh. You make funny faces or funny noises to get attention...and then laugh. You are also begining to assert your will on the world. Screams when you want to go with Daddy instead of Mommy, screams at the dinner table to get what you want. Screams when your sisters take toys from you. Frustration as you try to do new things, but have difficulty. You have an agenda, and you don't want to be thwarted.
Oh sweet Adele, you still have been sleeping like an angel. I am still in disblief that I can hardly remember when you DIDN'T sleep through the night. You often sleep from 7:30/8 until 8 or 8:30, then nap again around 9:30/10, sometimes almost until lunch. You are more than happy to take a nap in the afternoon with your sisters, and then easy to get to bed once more.
You've almost weaned yourself, and I've been trying to keep you nursing until your birthday. We are in a good routine now, but for a while there I thought you'd give it up before your birthday. I know when you're ready, it will be easy, and I will appreciate the freedom, but miss our time together. Right now, your favorite time to nurse is in the morning. I love your calm morning cuddles.
I want to keep writing, but I think that's about all I can sum up right now. We love you sweet Adele! On to the photos. Pictures today were hard. You just wanted to crawl and bounce on the couch.
We tried to get some with your sisters, but no one wanted to participate. Kate was in one of her violent moods. Perfect pictures capturing life these days.
You've grown so much!
One week, 6 lbs 15 oz (birth weight of 7 lbs 2 oz, 20 inches long)
One month, 9 lbs 10.5 oz, 21.5 inches long
Two months, 11 lbs 9.75 oz, 22.5 inches long
Three months
Four months, 14 lbs 12 oz, 23.5 inches long
Six months, 18 lbs 9 oz, 26.5 inches long
Seven months
Eight months
Nine months, 20 lbs 12.75 oz, 28 inches long
Ten months
Eleven months




No comments:
Post a Comment