Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Overnight getaway and Third trimester

The night of Emeline's birthday party, Aunt Diane and Uncle Miles were kind enough to take Emeline for the night, so Wes and I could have an evening out and a full night of rest. After we cleaned up from the festivities, we dropped of Emeline (who did not mind in the least!) and took of for a night at the DeAnza Hotel in SJ.  Not super far, but a nice change of scenery and close to one of our favorite restaurants, a Spanish tapas place called Picasso's.  We had a delicious dinner, and a full evening of uninterrupted conversation (a true rarity if you know how much Emeline likes to talk).  After dinner we crashed, and awoke to more delicious food for breakfast, and some time to get some work done on the house before Emeline came home after a fun day at the beach.  The getaway was much needed, and I think we both realized how infrequently we get enough time to ourselves to have true mental space.  It was wonderful to have the space, but also sad to realize how rarely we get it, and how it will be even more rare once Emeline's sister arrives.

We also took the oppurtunity to take a few belly shots, since I don't think we've done so since starting the 2nd trimester.  
Now I'm in my 3rd trimester...finally stopped most of the nausea and vomiting, though I still get sick in the mornings if I'm not careful with what I eat.  I guess I missed the "feel good" 2nd trimester all together, but now I've only got about 10-11 weeks of feeling huge and tired before we get to meet our new little girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment