Sunday, April 8, 2012

First Haircut

Emeline's hair has been getting quite long, and it was very uneven since she'd never had a hair cut.  I fought the guilt for a long time that I should be able to cut her hair myself, but finally decided that I really don't have the skills for that, and honestly, I LOVE getting my hair cut in a salon, so why not do something special for her like that.  So as part of her 2nd birthday present, we took her to a little kids haircut place for a treat.  

The place was very colorful and bright, had toys and cartoons, and Emeline cooperated nicely.  We'd been telling he for a few days she was going to get a haircut, and she didn't seem to mind at all.  She had fun watching herself in the mirror and seemed to enjoy the experience.  Here are some photos!

Getting all suited up...
Grandpa and Papa waiting...
 
 
 
 
A cookie for being all done! 
The finished product.  All evened out, a few layers to show off her curls, and a braid with a bow.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, so cute! I especially love the picture with her in the two purple clips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! She is just darling! I wish I had hair to braid. Just this morning D asked if he could have a ponytail holder in his hair. Alas, no.

    ReplyDelete