I know many people have been wanting to see photos of the new place, but this is going to be a bit of a teaser. We have lots of before photos, but it's going to be a while for all the work to be done to be ready to showcase the after photos, and the some of the before photos are pretty awful, so we want to show the whole transition :) So far we ripped out all the floors, and by we I mean Wes and friends, new floors were installed, and the inside of the house was painted. Now there is lots of finishing work to do like baseboards, fixtures, wall sockets, curtains, you name it, not to mention a much needed kitchen remodel...not sure when that will be.
So, I'll try to give updates as rooms are done, but it is going to be a long slow process. But without further ado, I give you....the hallway! I hope it's enough of a teaser to keep you looking forward to seeing the rest of the house :)
Here's the before photo. Notice the wall paper on the living room wall before going into the hallway. Notice the 60s green tile leading from the entry door into the hall and turning right into the bathroom. Notice the warped wood floors throughout the hallway. This was probably the worst condition of the floors in the house, but other areas were also quite damaged.
Next, we see Wes using his awesome Gutster to rip up the floors. This is his new favorite tool.
Floors all ripped out.
Painters are done, but floors to come.
Now here is our after picture. Paint is all done, doors and trim work is done, floors are installed, new hall light, and new door hardware is on. Still missing are a couple door knobs for the closets, the baseboards, and the light switch plates. Like I said...slowly.
So that's your teaser. :) Hopefully soon we'll get to see Emeline's room, which is getting close to done, and maybe the living or family rooms. And now that our computer is set up again, I can continue on with other recent happenings of Team Zuber!

Now that is one NICE-looking hallway! Impressive, Wes!
ReplyDeleteWow that's a pretty amazing transformation. Can't wait to see it in person!
ReplyDelete