Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One year

Happy Birthday Emeline! It is surreal that a year has passed since you joined our family, let alone that I'm even writing this post! This is the time of the month that I sum up how you've grown and changed this month, but for some reason I feel like I don't even know where to begin. You started out amazing, and continue to amaze us every day.

A year ago, you surprised us with by deciding to enter the world strong, quick and early. I guess you were tenacious from the get-go. You started out as a sweet and delicate 5 lb 4 oz little person, who needed to eat a lot, and sleep when you weren't eating, incubating in our home instead of inside mommy. You can tell from your first photo with the sheep that you could not be disturbed.

Now, you are a bustling little girl. You enjoy life much more with people around, now waving and smiling at people as they come your way. Kisses are one of your favorites right now, but people need to watch out, because they are big and wet! You love little kids and babies, and when we pass by a playground you squeal with impatience to get there. You are talking up a storm, mostly in your own language, but sometimes you try to say what we're saying, like 'toes', or 'good'. Now you'll say 'mamamama', but usually you're upset about something. You love to hear your own voice, and you'll talk into cups or other objects to hear the funny sounds it makes. You absolutely love games, especially hide and seek or peekaboo, or anything with a surprise.

You've been practicing your walking, and when you're in the mood you can take quite a few steps by yourself. But of course, it's all when you are ready and feeling up for it. You even like to shake your little booty to some of your toys that play music. We're still working on getting a good video of that.

Okay, enough of my talk. What the audience really wants it more Emeline! Here are some pictures we took today in her birthday dress.


And of course, the completed picture series!
One week. (5 lbs, less than birth weight which was 5 lbs 4 oz, 18.5 inches long)

One month. 7 lbs 5 oz, 19.75 in long

Two months. 9 lbs 15 oz, 20.75 inches long.

Three months. 12 lbs 11 oz, 22.25 inches long.

Four months. 14 lbs 15.25 oz, 24 inches long

Five months. 16 lbs 10 oz

Six months. 18 lbs 1 oz, 25.75 inches long

Seven months. 19 lbs 8 oz

Eight months.

Nine months. 21 lbs 5 oz, 27.5 inches long.

Ten months.

Eleven months.

Twelve months. 22 lbs 11 oz, 29 inches long.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love her! She is so beautiful, and such a 50/50% mixture of you and Wes. I wish we were there to play with you guys more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st birthday, Emeline! Time flies, eh? I love the photos, what a beauty!

    ReplyDelete