We have a tradition of taking the girls for haircuts on their birthday. That's not the only time, but it makes for some special time with just one parent around their birthday. Around Emeline's birthday, we took her for a hair cut. Kate wanted one too, so we tried then also, but when it was her time to get in the chair, she refused. There was no special need for a haircut, so we let it go. Since then, Kate has been asking for a haircut and saying that this time she will do it. So when her birthday came around again, we asked her if she wanted to get a haircut, and it was a resounding yes!
Since Grandma Chris was in town, I left Adele and Emeline with grandma and took Kate for some alone time. She was very excited about her hair cut, but not so excited about a "before" picture.
When we got to the kids salon, they were booked up. Mommy did not call ahead. I tried another one with no luck. I didn't want to leave this poor girl disappointed for her birthday, so we went to Supercuts, hoping it would be fun without the kid atmosphere.
There was no one there when we got there, and I had called ahead, so it was our turn straight away, but alas, Kate did not want to get in the chair. I was not in a rush, and I had no other kids with me to fuss, so we said she could have a snack and then try again. Meanwhile other customers came in, so we had to let them go ahead. Each time one was done, we tried to see if Kate was ready, but always she gave us a "not yet". After about an hour, I was ready to give up, but I thought I'd ask her one more time after the last customer finished. (We saw a lot of men's haircuts that day.) And to my surprise, she finally went for it.
She was a little shy, but went in the chair willingly and got a little haircut. Yay Kate!
Here's the before and after!







No comments:
Post a Comment