Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter

For Easter this year, I decided to decorate a little more than usual.  It's not much, I'm usually quite burnt out after Emeline's birthday, which is really too bad given the importance of the celebration.  So this year I put up a banner and some crosses on Easter morning, along with our candles we light to finish off our Bible story series of Holy Week.

We also had some fun colored eggs we dyed the day before.

So after a quick breakfast, we got the girls all dressed up and hurried off to church.

For Easter dinner we celebrated with our small group, and I made a speckled egg cake, which was made up of a vanilla malted milk cake, with chocolate malt frosting, and swiss meringue buttercream.  I was trying to make the cake taste like a malted milk egg, which were featured in a chocolate peanut butter birds nest on top.  It was over the top sweet, but delicious!

We had a wonderful time with our friends from church, and the kids even had a little egg hunt in the back yard.

And one awesome group photo.  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment