Our church used to have annual womens retreats which have always been super refreshing to me. There hasn't been one in a couple years, due to having all church retreats instead, and I missed a couple because of babies and such. But this year, I decided to go, nursing baby and all. I don't think I would have gone with either of the other girls as babies because they always slept so poorly, but after Adele slept so well on our trip to LA, I figured this would be no problem. And having to only take care of one kid would be practically a vacation right?
Well, I'm sure you can tell where this is going...Adele had shots the Friday we left for the retreat. My bad, but she's never been fussy after shots before. Anyway, I drove my friend Angi to the retreat, and poor thing had to listen to Adele scream almost the whole way there. There was so much traffic, so it took maybe two hours? We were both a little fried by the time we arrived.
We grabbed dinner and went to the Friday night session. Poor Adele was losing it and ready for bed quick, so we were only there a few minutes before heading back to the room for bed. And then...poor tired Adele did not sleep til 10pm! She usually falls asleep with so little help that I didn't even know how to help her sleep. Needless to say, we were both very tired the next day.
I think Adele was behind on sleep from that first night that I spent all the retreat sessions (morning and evenings) trying to get her to sleep for naps or bedtime. So I was sad to miss most of the content of the retreat, and I wasn't refreshed as I'd hoped.
But...I did get a few good things that weekend...a walk in the redwoods with a good friend, some good conversations, and lots of time to be alone while Adele slept.



No comments:
Post a Comment