Sunday, August 17, 2014

Eight months

I don't know where the time is going.  We are rocketing towards this one's first birthday.  I'm afraid it will be here in the blink of an eye.

Adele is now 8 months.  A lot has happened this month.  She will sleep through the night most nights, which is a very welcome change given Katie Sue is still difficult at night.  She takes a morning nap (unswaddled I might add...) and an afternoon nap.  Though too long of the morning one will mess up the latter.  Her bottom two teeth have popped through.  Not a lot of complaints from here there...I think they bothered her more a couple months ago when they were on their way out.  She is one heck of an eater!  She will eat a whole pouch of baby food, and want more.  She loves yogurt, bananas, avocado, beef, chicken, whole strawberries, peaches, etc.  She almost seems to be weaning some.  I think she prefers real food to milk at this point.  And...she's officially crawling.  She can really get herself around now. She's even pulled herself up if the positioning is right.  I wouldn't say she's pulling up completely, but she's strong and interested.  

It wont be long until we have a full blown toddler on our hands...and I feel so sad about that.  She's such a sweet baby.  She lights up when she sees mom or dad, and she just loves her sisters.  I guess that's why she's growing and moving so fast, she has a lot to catch up to.  She's full of energy and seems to be quite the go-get-er.  It will be neat to watch her personality come out.

Despite the crazy chaos of having three mobile kiddos, I thank God for her every day.  Rocking her to sleep at night, nuzzling against her sweet fuzzy head, is one of my favorite parts of the day.  I'm so grateful God gave us this sweet little baby.  

Look at her grow!  (By the way...this months pictures barely got taken...so hard to find 5 minutes when all the stars align to take a nice picture...so we get a little extra belly button this time around...not intended, but cute!)
 
One week, 6 lbs 15 oz (birth weight of 7 lbs 2 oz, 20 inches long)

One month, 9 lbs 10.5 oz, 21.5 inches long

Two months, 11 lbs 9.75 oz, 22.5 inches long

Three months

Four months, 14 lbs 12 oz, 23.5 inches long

Five months

Six months, 18 lbs 9 oz, 26.5 inches long

Seven months

Eight months

No comments:

Post a Comment