Adele has now outgrown two bags of clothes, landing her into the 3-6 month clothing size, and she really doesn't feel like a newborn anymore. She is still a very sweet and mellow baby. She sleeps so much of the time, we are often wondering if something is wrong with her. We've never experienced that with the other girls. But we are grateful she has gone easy on us as we balance out life with three.
During her awake time is she also quite mellow. She's content to hang out with people and she's starting to smile more and more, and Papa has even gotten a couple of laughs. Her laugh is hilarious...kind of like an old man snickering at something. She spends so much time in her rocker, I often feel bad when I plop her down to nurse in a rush and all she wants to do is smile and coo and hang out with me. I love that she still loves me even though I don't get to spend as much time with her as I'd like. Now that she's starting to be more interested in watching her sisters, I hope they can help me entertain her too. Emeline got some great smiles out of her today. Even though she's generally mellow, Adele does not go without her fussy moments...from 6 to 10 or 11pm she is often awake and fussy. Not so much that she is inconsolable, but enough to make the evenings very tiring. Wes and I both crash when she does (except that these days Wes has to work pretty late after everyone is in bed), and we are grateful she will sleep most of the night when she finally does pass out. We love our Adele and all the sweetness she's brought to our life.
She's getting big!
One week, 6 lbs 15 oz (birth weight of 7 lbs 2 oz, 20 inches long)
One month, 9 lbs 10.5 oz, 21.5 inches long
No comments:
Post a Comment