Sunday, December 30, 2012

By the lake

I love the ocean and large lakes.  Standing next to them, taking in their breadth and depth remind me of the size and power and God.  That might sound terrifying, but for me knowing that God is bigger, deeper, stronger than I can imagine, even more so than an ocean or a body of water that I can't see the end of, is comforting.  It helps me feel rest, peace, and security.  

I knew this trip to Tahoe would be tiring.  Traveling with little ones always is, but I hoped that for 5 minutes, I might escape to the edge of the lake, in its snow covered wonder, and have a few moments to take it all in and remember God and His peace.  But unfortunately, temper tantrums, crying babies, and bad timing didn't let this happen.  It was a little hard to accept that in a 3 night vacation, I didn't get to have this 5 minute solo experience, but alas, it was the case.  

So, the morning before we left, we made one more attempt.  I didn't get to have the time alone, as I had to keep Kate with me, while Emeline and Wes had one last sledding hurrah, but I did get to walk around with Kate and take a few pictures.  Here are some of my favorites.

By the lake...
 
 
 
 


 
 

My sweet little owl.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. These are some great pictures! The lake looks beautiful, and I LOVE the owl hat.

    ReplyDelete