The mom's group I attend had some leftover cookies from an event and offered them us to take home to decorate with our kids. I thought it was a very nice idea, but first thought it would be good for older kids. Then I saw how many cookies were left over, and I thought maybe I'd just eat them myself. But after a long tiring day, I didn't feel like taking Emeline on an outing to the park, so I decided to let her have at it with the cookies. I know that giving her copious amounts of sugar to consume would probably not help me feel less exhausted, but hey, could be fun right?
So I dyed up some leftover frosting I had (killing two birds with one stone :) )...
And then I let her have at it. She's never finger painted before...or painted at all for that matter, so I put some frosting on my fingers and tried to outline a heart to give her an idea of what to do.
Here are pictures of what happened next.
There was a little cookie decorating, but for the most part once she figured out both the frosting and cookies were delicious, it was basically just a colorful snack time. But that's ok too right?
No comments:
Post a Comment