13 months is not much different than 12, just more of everything. If I had to sum it up in one word, I'd say: walking. If I had three words, I'd say: walking, walking, walking. That's not to say that Emeline just started walking, she took her first steps around 11 months, and by 12 months was definitely walking to and from objects, and even started walking out into the room. But between 12 and 13 months, wow...she is a toddler now. Even though it's been a slow progression, I still watch her with amazement. This little person who joined us as such a tiny being a year ago, is now doing laps in our living room. Amazing.
The other thing that seems to come out more and more as time goes on is talking. Not in English, or Spanish, or any other language she's been exposed to really, but in her own language. Yet you can tell it's intentional, and she means something. I can't wait to figure out what she's been saying all this time. She is also signing more. That's also been a slow progression starting a couple months ago imitating us, but now initiating the signs on your own. Watch out, communication here we come.
Here is a little collage I like to call "All you need is love, not pants."
Happy 13th month, Emeline! Josh needs to catch up to you in the walking department!
ReplyDelete