Friday, October 22, 2010

We have a roller

Emeline almost did the second half of this trick just after she was 4 months old, but hasn't really done it much since. She's been doing the first half pretty regularly since just before turning 5 months, but now at almost 7 months she's finally put the two together!

She debuted her new trick today while I was on the phone with my mom. While multitasking, she almost rolled herself off the landing in our living room. I moved her down to the lower level so she wouldn't fall and she just did it again.

As I'm writing this post, she just showed off her skills to Dad by rolling her naked self over on the kitchen table while trying to get dried off after a bath. So I think it's official: We have a roller.

Here's a video where I tried to get her to do the full roll, and lucky me, she indulged me! It's a bit long, but you also get the bonus of seeing how she likes to explore different textures, here on her play mat. Happy rolling! I think my job is about to get a lot harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment