So for Wes' Big 3-0, we wanted to do the most childish thing we could think of. Chuck E. Cheese! But we thought maybe we'd scare the kids...and the pizza probably isn't really that great. So we did Chuck E. Cheese for adults = Dave & Busters. We did dinner and games with friends. Lighting was bad at dinner to get good pics of everyone, and I crashed shortly after the games began, so not much documentation there. But we did get some good shots of the fabulous birthday cake.
Here's the cake story. I love baking, esp birthday cakes, and esp for Wes! But since I've been so sick and tired all the time, I didn't have energy for it this year. Which was a major bummer, given that it was the 3-0 and all. So we opted for a Costco cake. Wes picked the dinosaur pattern and his favorite toppings and fillings. Then we thought maybe we could encourage a cake wreck to be made if we made some special requests*. So we added a little comment to the dinosoaur request that it have flames coming out of it's mouth.
Unfortunately, Costco probably mass produces their cakes, so we did not get any flames. See below.
But Wes was inspired to get his flames on there, so we picked up some gel icing to make our own. Then Wes got the idea to let everyone decorate the cake. So we set the cake out at the table during dinner, and let the guests have at it.
Here's Wes putting the inaugural flames on it.
And here's the final result! I highlighted a few of my favorites in case you can't tell what they are. Sorry to those I didn't mention! Everyone did a wonderful job!
And here's Wes blowing out his massive amount of real flames generated from 30, yes exactly 30!, candles.
And finally, what is a birthday without eating a piece of cake with your name on it?
Happy 30th Birthday Wes!
**Note those of you who don't know what a cake wreck is, you must ABSOLUTELY check out this site.
Hmm, I think the mystery drawing on the cake is a person on fire from the fire-breathing dinosaur. Nice work!
ReplyDeleteActually, Wes says it is a scene from some video game. I cant remember which now. :)
ReplyDeleteaw--this entire post is so cute! congrats on your 30th Wes and congrats on your baby!! :)
ReplyDelete